Pay: $17.00 / hour
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8 hour shift
Department: Customer Support
Since 2003, SparkFun has been helping turn ideas into reality – whether you’re creating a smart weather station, exploring the frontier of machine learning, building a robot for school or prototyping your first (or tenth) product. No matter your vision or skill level, our open source components, resources and online tutorials are designed to broaden access to innovative technology and make the road to a finished project shorter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. SparkFun offers an abundance of opportunities to learn new skills from other Funions, in addition to many other benefits and perks.
SparkFun's Next Customer Support Representative
The ultimate goal of this position is to offer the best customer experience possible. This role often serves as the first line of human interaction with customers and potential customers. The ultimate goal of this position is to ensure those that reach out to SparkFun have great experience with us - positive, proactive, efficient, value-add, beneficial, and resolution oriented. This role acts as the face of SparkFun and has a great impact on customer relationships and loyalty. Being empathetic and service-oriented is key, especially when customers call with issues that we must work to resolve.
Essential Job Functions
- Support customers and potential customers
- Field incoming calls, chats, emails, faxes, and voicemails
- Quickly recognize and adapt to customer needs
- Determine fair course of action to solve customer issues
- Serve as the customer advocate internally
- Understand and articulate SparkFun story, cause, and mission
- Process orders, including generating quotes, entering orders, entering tags, roles, and notes, etc
- Respond to basic product and service questions and provide information about other resources
- With every effort, ensure the customer experience is smooth, fast, and enjoyable
- Steer communications
- Serve as the first line of human interaction for anyone initiating contact with SparkFun
- Learn, and eventually know, SparkFun resources inside and out--connect customers and potential customers with the right team quickly
- Know the SparkFun website to direct people to relevant resources
- Escalate issues to Customer Support Supervisor when needed
- Collaborate within and across departments
- Facilitate open communication with various internal departments, including Shipping/Warehouse, Supply Chain, Finance, etc
- Maintain open communication between team members
- Cross-train and shadow--this role will be responsible for backing up team members during absence, busy times, and for special initiatives
- Collect and communicate any trends in customer experience
Other duties and tasks may be assigned as needed.
- 1-3 years of Customer Service experience
- Stellar data entry skills
- Communication skills - both receptive (listening to understand) and expressive (verbal & written)
- Collaboration skills, ability to adapt to customer and colleagues needs
- Service-oriented for both customers and colleagues; people oriented
- Ability to exercise empathy and patience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Time management/organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer skills and experience, specifically with:
- Google suite of products: GMail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc
- Must be able to work with a peers within Customer Support, additionally with the Sales team
SparkFun Benefits & Perks
SparkFun Electronics offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to several perks. In regards to benefits, we offer medical, dental, and vision. And, we offer a 401k match, disability, life insurance, parental leave, and a flexible leave policy.
SparkFun offers many perks, including but not limited to a dog-friendly workplace, professional development opportunities, an on-site fitness center, lunch and learns, and internal classes to learn from fellow Funions! Flexible schedules are also available.