Replacement:DEV-11767. The manufacturer has revised this graphics controller, go check it out! This page is for reference only.
The µVGA-II(SGC) is a compact & cost effective drop in embedded graphics engine that will deliver stand-alone functionality to your project. The simple to use embedded commands not only control background color but can produce text in a variety of sizes as well as draw shapes in 256 colors while freeing up the host processor from processor hungry screen control functions. This means a simple micro-controller with a standard serial interface can drive the module with ease.
- Intelligent and fully integrated VGA/SVGA Display Graphics Controller
- Tiny 28 pin module, powered by the 4D-Labs PICASO-SGC chip - a powerful DSP/Controller based multi purpose graphics engine
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation
- Supports RGB 65K true to life colours in QVGA, VGA, WVGA and Custom resolutions.
- The µVGA-II(SGC) supports multiple resolutions within the same module. Resolutions are selectable during run time under host control. Resizeable viewing window allows partial/full screen control.
- 15 pin D-type standard VGA connector to interface to any external VGA monitor.
- On-board micro-SD memory card adaptor for multimedia storage and data logging purposes. HC memory card support is also available for cards larger than 4Gb.
- Easy 5 pin interface to any host device:
- VCC, TX, RX, GND, RESET. commands.
- Asynchronous hardware serial port, TTL interface, with 300 baud to 256K baud.
- Powerful, easy to use and understand built in graphics functions allow drawing of lines, rectangles, circles, ellipses, text, images, icons, user defined bitmaps and much more
- Future upgrades and enhancements are easily achieved by uploading PmmC (Personality module micro Code) files. PmmC files allow the PICASO chip to be uploaded with the latest micro-Code firmware.
- System designers can incorporate the µVGA-II(SGC) module directly into their application, saving space and cost. Reference designs enable the user to create a platform to incorporate the µVGA-II(SGC) easily.
Note: These modules can be easily switched from SGC to GFX by a simple firmware change. Visit the product page link below for more information.