Description: Replacement: None. We do not have a direct replacement for this programmer. This page is for reference only.
This is a very interesting new programmer from Olimex. The MSP-JTAG-RF uses the Nordic nRF24L01 wireless radio coupled with a SAM7 (USB base unit) and MSP430F169 (remote unit) to wirelessly program and debug MSP430F processors.
Units may come wrapped a protective heat-shrink cover.
- Programs all MSP430Fxxx flash microcontrollers
- Ultra fast programming 10KB/s. Several times faster than TI-USB-FET
- Uses TI standard 2x7 pin JTAG connector
- Spy-By-Wire support for the newest TI MSP430 devices
- JTAG plug board works up to 100 meter from the computer with the USB dongle
- Two parts: USB-to-RF dongle you plug into your USB port and RF-to-JTAG plug-in board which you plug to your target JTAG connector
- Perfectly (air) isolated - can work even target if physically separated from the debug computer i.e. in hermetically closed rooms with harsh environment etc.
- MSP430.dll makes it compatible with all existing software which works with TI-USB-FET (emulates TI-USB-FET)
- Compatible with IAR Kickstart software for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do
- With IAR Kickstart you can write in assembler unlimited code size and to write in C with 2K limit for all MSP430 microcontrollers
- Works with free GCC C compiler and Insight MSP430 toolchain and debugger
- USB dongle 20x40 mm (0.8x1.6")
- JTAG-plug 30x40 mm (2.2x1.6")