Description: Replacement: None. We don’t carry a direct replacement for this board but you can check out our robotics category for more motor controllers. This page is for reference only.
The jrk 12v12, from Pololu, is a versatile, general-purpose brushed DC-motor controller that supports four interface modes: USB, TTL asynchronous serial, PWM, 0-5V analog voltage. The 6 to 16V operating range and high continuous output current (12A, 30A peak) allow this board to control many medium-sized DC brushed motors. Analog voltage and tachometer (frequency) feedback options allow quick implementation of closed-loop servo systems, and a free configuration utility (for Windows 7, Vista, or Windows XP) allows easy calibration and configuration through the USB port.
The jrk 12v12 is the larger of two jrk motor controllers. For a lower-power version that has a wider operating voltage range, see the jrk 21v3.
- Simple bidirectional control of one DC brush motor
- 6 V to 16 V operating supply range
- 12 A maximum continuous current output (30 A peak)
- 300?115,200bps auto-detect baud rates
- Four communication or control options:
- USB interface for direct connection to a PC
- Full-duplex, TTL-level asynchronous serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width (PWM) interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller
- 0?5 V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks
- Two closed-loop feedback options:
- 0?5 V analog voltage
- Frequency/tachometer digital input up to 2 MHz with 1 ms PID period.
- Open-loop control with no feedback also available
- Simple configuration and calibration over USB with free configuration program (Windows 7, Vista, and Windows XP compatible)
- Configurable parameters include:
- PID period and PID constants (feedback tuning parameters)
- Maximum current
- Maximum duty cycle
- Maximum acceleration
- Error response
- Input calibration (learning) for analog and RC control
- Optional CRC error detection eliminates communication errors caused by noise or software faults
- Reversed power protection
- Field-upgradeable firmware
- Optional feedback potentiometer disconnect detection