×

SparkFun will be closed Monday 7/4 for the holiday. All orders placed after 2pm MT on Friday 7/1 will be shipped out next week.

bithead942

Member Since: January 18, 2010

Country: United States

  • FYI: I got errors when I dropped the file onto a library window. It worked ok when I dropped it onto a board window.

  • In the wiring diagram, I noticed that the analog pins are wired directly to the board without a logic level converter (for 3.3V to 5V logic level conversion). I’ll be using an Arduino Uno (5V), so I think the analog pins are expecting voltages between 0V and 5V (values 0 to 255). If I don’t use a level shifter, that means that the input from the ADXL335 will only be between 0V and 3.3V. So does that mean, I need to calibrate the Uno’s sketch to expect a max analog pin value of 168? It would seem this would mean reduced granularity of signal. Is that true?

    I know some logic level converter (like BOB-12099) are only for use with digital pins, but I’m assuming one exists that supports analog signals. Any suggestions?

  • Thanks so much for posting this! This works for me using Arduino v1.5.7beta.

  • I tried this and it was still not staying in. In fact, I’ve had a few actually jump off the board. I ended up tinning each leg with a bit of solder - that seems to work well.

  • I also have a design suggestion for the Fio: Add a capacitor (I’m using 220uF, but you may find a lower value is equally good) between pin 1 (+3.3V) and pin 10 (GND) of the Xbee sockets. I’ve purchased 2 of these and am using them with 2 different Xbees (Xbee S6B Wifi module and Xbee Pro XSC). In both cases, I found I needed to add the capacitor for proper connectivity. For the Xbee S6B, I was unable to connect to the WAP at all without this cap. For the Xbee Pro XSC, I got a connection without the cap, but very poor range.

  • FYI: I just released the “magic blue smoke” from my Fio by supplying it with 11.5V and now it is unresponsive. The Arduino Fio homepage says it can handle 12V, but I’d recommend no more than 10V.

  • I had the same problem, but for me it was .WAV files that were playing back with heavy static. I converted the .WAV files to .AD4 using the utility above and they worked fine. I suspect it’s something wrong with the chip because nothing else I tried was working (adjusting voltage, etc.).

  • I had the same experience - I can’t get the 16kHz .wav files to play. I knocked it down to 11kHz and it worked fine. Also, I was able to get it to work with a SanDisk 2GB card and a Microcenter 2GB card. Both were less than $5.

  • I am wishing Redbot was around a year ago when I was developing my own version

    Since most of the parts for mine came from SparkFun, I guess it should be no surprise that they look remarkably similar.

  • I am wishing Redbot was around a year ago when I was developing my own version

    Since most of the parts for mine came from SparkFun, I guess it should be no surprise that they look remarkably similar.

No public wish lists :(