Forgot your password?
No account? Register one!
April 15, 2010
Product CEL-09342 |
about 3 years ago
I received my T-Mobile SIM today. It took only a few minutes to get the board connected to the network. For anyone else that is new to the board, here is a quick start. I hope it helps:
1. Unpack kit.
2. Install FTDI drivers (if needed) on host computer and connect kit to USB.
3. Connect via HyperTerm, TeraTerm, or your favorite VT100 emulation program (9600 BAUD, 8-N-1 is fine).
4. The following commands are useful:
AT+CGSN // returns the IMEI of the device
AT+CMGR // Returns the firmware revision
AT+CMGF=1 // Sets text messaging format to text
AT+CMGL=”ALL” // Reads all text messages.
5. Order a T-Mobile SIM kit from the T-Mobile web site (optional)
7. When you receive the SIM, note the SIM serial number and follow the instructions on the activation card.
8. Plug the SIM into the board (remove power first).
9. Have fun!
Note that T-Mobile sends you your password if you choose to register on their web site via text message. That’s why I included the text messaging commands. This is by no means a thorough quick-start; Follow the quick at your own risk. Ordering a SIM card and signing up for a T-Mobile account is something you need to consider carefully according to you financial situation. It is your responsibility to make that decision, not mine.. I thought that someone may benefit from the quick start as one is really anxious to start playing, right?
I just received my GE885-QUAD board and installed a TRACFone SIM to see what, if any information, I can receive while waiting for my TMOBILE SIM (based on recomendations of others here). Using the command AT#CSURV and interesting list of carriers are listed. Note that the TRACFone SIM is not activated at present. I have a question for others that used this device. Once I get my TMOBILE SIM, I assume you need to register your device id (IMSI using AT+CGSN command?) with TMOBILE and receive a telephone number for the SIM? What are the next step someone can reccomend? Obviously RTFM (T command set). What I really mean is to activate the SIM, and select a carrier and connect? Any help is appricated.
No public wish lists :(