chrwei

Member Since: September 30, 2010

Country: United States

Profile

Associations

ArchReactor

  • Product COM-12723 | about 3 months ago

    so that you can embed speakers in multiple things and move the driver around between them? that could be handy. you can’t drive it with a normal amp though.

  • Product COM-12584 | about 5 months ago

    beaglebone has been done http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=45032&p=225577&hilit=beaglebone#p225577

  • Product SEN-10701 | about 9 months ago

    the answer is “it depends”. I’ve used a 5V arduino as a i2c slave with a 3.3v beaglebone without issue. it works because the beaglebone’s pullups are strong enough to to handle the small current needed for i2c. I don’t know if this is true of this sensor.

  • Product SEN-10701 | about 9 months ago

    the difficulty is that the i2c address is hard coded the same on the sensor itself. it’s been suggested that you could use the sleep pin to put them all to sleep except the one you want to read. you can only read one at a time over i2c anyway. drawback is that it requires a digital pin for each sensor, or maybe an i2c port multiplier.

    other option might be to use one of the software i2c libraries that bitbang the protocol instead of using the hardware i2c interface..

  • Product COM-00212 | about 9 months ago

    the product card link no longer works.

  • Product BOB-11820 | about 10 months ago

    I did fine this suggesting a possible way to use SPI to drive the chain http://rubines.blogspot.co.at/2013/07/ws2812-rgb-led-matrix-booster-pack.html

  • Product BOB-11820 | about 10 months ago

    it’s for people that are afraid of soldering anything but through hole

  • Product BOB-11820 | about 10 months ago

    the example code linked is for a WS2801, this WS2812 has no CKI line.

  • Product COM-11609 | about 10 months ago

    class ratings are minimums, not maximums.

  • Product DEV-11861 | about 10 months ago

    this looks clumsy to connect multiple together to make a seamless sign. The Parola design fixes that in one direction. Also the Parola’s library would probably work for this module as well