SparkFun will be closed Nov 26th and 27th for the Thanksgiving holiday. Orders placed after 2:00pm MT on the 25th will ship out Monday the 30th.


Member Since: November 12, 2010

Country: United States

  • Great job siren. Really nice that you got this to work. I have been looking for sometime and trying my self to do what you have done. Thanks very much for posting the code.
    Take care,

  • A small part but nothing in code. I have been trying to sort out how the addressing is done. I changed the example code to output hex and then see what text is comming out and then what “address” data is with it while attempting to decode the RDS data format…

  • 3.3V only. I am using a 3.3V arduino.

  • This board sells very well. Would be nice to see more comments (with links) from people who have been able to get more from the RDS side of the chip. I have found the best way to understand more of what is happening is to output the data in hex. The look at the specs for the RDS data format. I’ve not been able to get a clear grasp of the “addressing” of the text that is output.

  • Well it’s, from what I can tell, raw in the sense that the station call sign comes over “in the clear” in one line but the song title “fills in” over several seconds and you have to piece it together your self with your software with this chip. If you look at the code from curiousinventor he is doing the same as far as I can tell.

  • I just hooked this up today and have noticed what I think is the same thing you have. More or less random RDS data. I think you will find that what is being decoded and displayed with the demo software is the raw RDS data and therefor it looks like almost random data. If you look at the data sheet for decoding the actual data it is a bit of a task. If anyone has done more in this regard…

No public wish lists :(