avatar

dubhunter

Member Since: March 14, 2011

Country: United States

  • Sorry for the double post, apparently I cannot delete.

  • Sparkfun, can you put this code in github or something?

    I posted a link to an updated version below, but I’d love to submit a pull request, so you can be the maintainers.

    https://github.com/dubhunter/AlphaNumeric_Driver

  • These are for 16 segment AlphaNumeric displays, not 7 segment

  • Here is an updated version for 1.0 https://github.com/dubhunter/AlphaNumeric_Driver

  • Did you connect the V- to GND and the V+ to Vin? In the upper left hand corner (re pics on this page).

  • Did you get this working?
    Just like @ovidiup, I have accomplished this with the Ethernet Shield.
    I am happy to send you my sketches…

  • +1 more

  • After the +++ you need to switch the Line Ending to Carriage Return for other commands.

  • Ok, so I just got the new Explorer Regulated, some Series 1 XBees, and after much toiling, I finally got wireless programming of an Arduino Pro 5v/16MHz.
    I used the following 2 tuts:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/122 (this one) (still using stk500 through Arduino IDE)
    http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/arduino.html (did not do RTS on COM port)
    My problem is that my Arduino will now randomly reset while the XBee is connected. It seems to be related to specific actions, but I can’t figure why.
    1. Bring Pin 3 High….Reset
    2. Use Ethernet Client (w/ Shield)…Reset
    3. A few others have caused it, but harder to replicate.
    Someone help!!! I am happy to share my experience with wireless programming.

  • Ok, so I just got the new Explorer Regulated, some Series 1 XBees, and after much toiling, I finally got wireless programming of an Arduino Pro 5v/16MHz.
    I used the following 2 tuts:
    http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/122 (still using stk500 through Arduino IDE)
    http://www.ladyada.net/make/xbee/arduino.html (did not do RTS on COM port)
    My problem is that my Arduino will now randomly reset while the XBee is connected. It seems to be related to specific actions, but I can’t figure why.
    1. Bring Pin 3 High….Reset
    2. Use Ethernet Client (w/ Shield)…Reset
    3. A few others have caused it, but harder to replicate.
    Someone help!!! I am happy to share my experience with wireless programming.