Track My Order
Frequently Asked Questions
International Shipping Info
Mon-Fri, 9am to 12pm and
1pm to 5pm U.S. Mountain Time:
Chat With Us
April 28, 2011
about 6 years ago
The board works well. It does require a TTL to RS232 or TTL to USB adapter to connect directly to a computer. I used a max232 circuit I had sitting around to do the job, but had to tap power from a component on the board.
At the risk of offending the designer, I would like to leave some constructive feedback.
1) On one corner, there is a mounting hole that can short vcc to gnd if metal screws are used. I suggest moving this mounting hole completely inside of vss to avoid accidental shorts.
2) There is a lot of wasted area on this board. Why not add some debug pads? (regulator outputs, data signals, etc).
3) I’ve seen complaints about interfacing to devices like BlueTooth. Since there is lots of open area, how about adding another header that also provides power for BlueTooth or an active TTL-RS232 circuit?
4) It’s good to keep cost down, but it wouldn’t take much to add an RS232-compatible header using just a few transistors.
5) Some links to the “Free” software are dead or not free at all. I found it difficult to find any truely free software.
6) The STN1110 Family Programming Reference is here. It has some information not listed in the documents above. http://www.obdsol.com/stn1110/ .
No public wish lists :(
Forgot your password?
No account? Register one!