×

SparkFun will be closed for Labor Day (9/7/2015). Order will resume shipping out on Sept 8th. Have a great weekend!

avatar

Member #232090

Member Since: June 13, 2011

Country: United States

  • they are not controllable. there is a power wire and a ground wire.

  • Reading the comments, it seems these really are 12 volts, but they need a higher rated resistor. As far as mine goes, a lot of the lights didn’t turn on until about 7v and it really didn’t get bright until 9v.

  • just cut it, solder some lengths of actual wire instead of magnet wire to it, and do some resistance calculations. That way you have some extra if you want to use it for another project.

  • Yeah, so I definitely just put 12 volts through this and the resistor exploded. Can anyone tell me the value, so I can replace it?

No public wish lists :(