×

SparkFun Electronics will be closed in observance of memorial day on Monday, May 29th. We will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, May 30th. Any orders placed after 2pm Mountain Time on Friday, May 26th will process and ship out on Tuesday, May 30th.

tinkeringtech

Member Since: December 28, 2011

Country: United States

  • I followed the instructions here to get the cell module working with a UNO and was getting

    +SIND: 1<br> +SIND: 10,‘SM’,1,‘FD’,1,‘LD’,1,‘MC’,1,‘RC’,1,‘ME’,1<br> +SIND: 3<br> +SIND: 4<br> +SIND: 8<br> The antenna I used was a Quad-band Wired Cellular Antenna SMA and began to wonder if something was wrong with it. The shield and UNO was powered via USB. I eventually figured out that the band setting for the US was not set correctly on the module. I did that by using ZedLeps code modification, uploading the sketch to the board, and then entering AT+SBAND=7 in the arduino serial monitor. This did the trick. I also had to hit the reset button on the UNO using a piece of plastic to reach under the shield once I made the change. This time around, success! Got +SIND: 11. eventually managed to send text messages and receive a call. Hope this helps someone with this particular problem. The SIM is a post-paid T-Mobile (thankfully unlimited text :)) that was being used on my blackberry. Thanks to all of you for blogging about your knowledge. I would not have figured it out otherwise. Pictures available here.

No public wish lists :(