×

Please see all COVID-19 updates here as some shipments may be delayed due to CDC safety and staffing guidelines. If you have an order or shipping question please refer to our Customer Support page. For technical questions please check out our Forums. Thank you for your continued support.

Member #455993

Member Since: July 21, 2013

Country: United States

  • Teach me to be an early adopter. I suppose I could return the RedBoard that is in transit now and pick up a new one to get the AK9753....

  • I have never played the game, but I would imagine the win % is not super high, otherwise you would have heard more complaints sooner.

    As written, your rules have a 68% of success, a 6% chance of failing at step 7 and a 26% chance of failing at step 8. As you discovered, it only took a relatively small number of wins to reproduce the problem. Turns out your quads got lucky that you decided to treat red differently and limit it to 2 instead of 3. If you do nothing except allow red to appear up to 3 times like the other two colors, your odds of success jump to 96% with a 4% chance of failing at step 8. That would have required a lot more jumping to reproduce!

    If you want 100% success, while disallowing repeats, you need to permit two of the three colors to appear 4 times in an 8 step sequence, and the other to appear 3 times. Simply allowing all colors to appear at most 4 times is a reasonable choice, again for 8 steps.

    Of course, if you do not want to re-jigger the odds every time you change the game (add steps or a fourth trampoline), be sure to avoid while(true) and forever [for(;;)] as well.

  • I was trying to leave you the "a-ha" moment instead of bludgeoning you with it.

    Yes, the next button is Red. And then...

    Rule 1 : The only choice remaining is Red. Rule 2: The choice must not be Red.

  • Your rules allow 2 Red, 3 Blue and 3 Green only, and no repeats.

    Blue, Green, Blue, Green, Blue, Green, what happens now?

    Blue, Red, Blue, Red, Blue, ???

    Green, Blue, Red, Blue, Red, Blue, Green, ???

    I'd say a hang is worse than a repeat or somebody's feelings being hurt by not getting to jump as many times. Long term, your new solution is fine, but in general I would consider making these "suggestions" rather than rules by replacing the while(true) with a for loop.

  • Let the staff relax, have a few cold ones and start filling orders again the next day. ( I would wager that racking up time-and-a-half eases a bit of the pain as well). You already warn about slippage in the same-day shipping policy, I am sure many of us west of CO would happily wait a day or two in exchange for some of these deals.

    Between this and the typo on the Black Friday post listing the end date as 12/27 instead of 11/27 I am 0 for 2. Or is that 2 for 2 saving myself from my own impulses?

  • According to Pete, this new barrier system will provide enough protection to allow an aerial competition at AVC16.

  • Epic Shawn

No public wish lists :(