Track My Order
Frequently Asked Questions
International Shipping Info
Mon-Fri, 9am to 12pm and
1pm to 5pm U.S. Mountain Time:
Chat With Us
August 20, 2013
Tutorial - Designing PCBs: SMD Footprints
about 7 years ago
Typing a lot of numbers into Info (Properties) panes gets to be really paneful ;-)
There's a much easier way to place all the SMDs:
1. Set the grid to half of the horizontal spacing of the SMDs
2. Just before you place the first SMD, type '1' (including the quotes). This will cause the SMDs to all be numbered correctly as you place them
3. Now place all the SMDs in order in the correct horizontal position, and the approximate vertical position.
4. Figure out the required vertical movement to place the SMDs where they belong.
5. Set the grid to that number.
6. Group the SMDs on the top, and move the group to the proper location.
7. Repeat for the group on the bottom.
8. Set the grid back where you normally have it.
No public wish lists :(