×

SparkFun Electronics will be closed in observance of memorial day on Monday, May 29th. We will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, May 30th. Any orders placed after 2pm Mountain Time on Friday, May 26th will process and ship out on Tuesday, May 30th.

Member #465906

Member Since: August 30, 2013

Country: United States

  • I agree. As a young lab assistant back in the 1970s, I regularly used my fingers to smear mercury on the copper tails of standard resistors, (class S) to ensure good contact when they were placed in the mercury filled connecting cups. It was the norm in those days, I’m 66 now and as far as I know, do not have mercury poisoning. In adjacent labs you could enjoy such things as the fumes from hot CK wax, perchloroethylene, Propan-2-ol, and trichloroethylene. When using the latter, (Trico?) someone working at the next bench might casually warn you not to smoke, as inhaling the fumes through the cigarette generated Phosgene gas! Regards

No public wish lists :(