Forgot your password?
No account? Register one!
December 1, 2008
Product PRT-08847 |
about 3 years ago
3D printed dodecahedron using these parts : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5750
( thanks in part to free-day )
Product ROB-09402 |
about 4 years ago
Ah… so I have failed and now have a dead duemilanove and easy driver.
as a general question, how do I know how to hook up a given 4 wire stepper motor to this board ?
I can test the connection between wires, so that gives me the wires for each coil, [a] [b], but .. does the orientation matter ? This still leaves open 4 possible writings ( 2 directions x 2 coils ).
Whatever I hooked up worked for the default largest step size, but made weird noises when I tried to turn on half stepping. I wondered if orientation mattered, and how to test for this ?
News - Free Day Recap |
about 4 years ago
- people reselling on e-bay are sociopaths.
- free day would have been over in seconds if servers had been infinitely fast: expect to lose either way.
- brilliant advertising
- Will you guys make enough money in the next week to cover free day, by virtue of people who didn’t get the discount placing smaller orders ?
- Sounds like you should see if you can fund a small sponsoring program for poor college students ( submit schematics, cartoons, get X dollars in Free ? )
- got in at the end (10:44). I was watching the little progress bar advance the whole time wholly expecting disaster. I will now be able to make a prototype for a new do-it-yourself. I usually dumpster parts, and I am grateful for this (less bleeding and snow involved, (besides, where am I going to get a boost converter in the trash (though I did find a nice little MIDI board the other day))?).
- Free day went exactly as expected and exactly as advertised. It is unfortunate that some people had higher expectations that were dashed.