Frequently Asked Questions
Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm
U.S. Mountain Time:
Chat With Us
June 18, 2006
about 4 years ago
I hoped to run an xbee pro from this in a hand held remote. the listed tx power required is 200ma, with a few leds I would pull at most 240ma, but the xbee would not be transmitting continuously either. Maybe 2 to 4 times a second, just a few bytes that read one of the analog input pins.
I do not understand where the 200mA at 3.3v limit is coming from. The data sheet lists this as the maximum efficiency point for 3.3v but does not list it as the maximum current draw. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this limit is there?
about 4 years ago
They Have an insulating base for installation into sheet metal.
The end is solid. To use this you need to either install ring terminals on your wires, or wrap the wire around the post.
about 5 years ago
I received some of these through free day, Only received the black ones not a pair but I cannot complain with free day. A few notes on these
1. These seem to be bigger than most common binding posts, but I would bet that is because they are for high current applications
2. No banana jack , which was stated, however they also do not have the cross drilled hole for a wire to stick through. So you will either need to wrap your wire around the post, or use a ring terminal to connect to it.
3. The mounting is somewhat insulated. It should work fine on sheet metal, up to maybe 1/16" thickness and even beyond that If you are careful in your mounting.
4. The stud appears to be a 3/16" size you could most likely base your current capacity from this.
5. The clear part is actually two pieces that separate to sandwich the mounting surface between them.
6. The knob can be screwed completely off.
News - SparkFun Gets a Cease and…
about 6 years ago
I dont know if you could actually do this, But I would have my lawyer reply with a nice letter, and inform them that further action toward this would result in them being billed for any and all legal services that are incurred as a result. I am quite sure one could place a counter suit if they were to continue with their action. I kinda wish i were a judge… I may not last long, but i would set some precedents that’s for sure.
In any case, keep doing what your doing guys!!! sparkfun != sparc
Forgot your password?
No account? Register one!