We are still shipping! However, order processing may take longer than usual and we cannot guarantee same day shipments due to staffing guidelines from the CDC. Please see all COVID-19 updates here. Thank you for your continued support.
Track My Order
Frequently Asked Questions
International Shipping Info
Mon-Fri, 9am to 12pm and
1pm to 5pm U.S. Mountain Time:
Chat With Us
June 3, 2014
about 6 years ago
These LCD's need cleaning. I have an average failure rate of about 15-20% on delivery. The most common problem is that the contrast is too high, and there's constant flickering / changing of contrast compared to the other 80% of them.
The solution is fairly simple, unclip the LCD from it's board and clean the pads on the PCB with 99% IPA. Then remove the lcd back plate and contact bar. Sometimes the contact bar is stuck fairly well to the glass, peel off carefully. Clean the contacts on the LCD glass with IPA, if any residue from the contacts is left on, rub it off carefully with IPA / tissue.
Clean the contact bar with IPA both sides.
Reassemble, making sure you don't have even the smallest spec of dust on the bar or contacts. The slightest spec will cause the bar to raise slightly, and that and adjacent contacts
to not make contact, or be intermittent.
I think the root issue is non-clean assembly, flux on the pads and dust.
Given that these units are previously loved displays, probably general muck / grime doesn't help either.
Also gold contacts on the PCB instead of tinned would help with contact.
No public wish lists :(