SnOwen

Member Since: April 15, 2009

Country: United States

  • Product WRL-10938 | about 2 years ago

    As a previous poster noted, it’s worth emphasizing that Sparkfun’s “Bluetooth Modem - BlueSMiRF” products have a different pinout from the “Bluetooth Mate” products, even though they look similar and have the same number of pins. I got caught out by that one…

  • News - Parsing GPS with FPGA | about 2 years ago

    Uhh, the post is 67% fixed :)

  • Product WRL-09019 | about 3 years ago

    Watch out if you’re reading the source code, and using it to write microcontroller code to interface with another nRF20L01+ to establish a link – the file nRF24L01_lib.c appears to be using 16-bit CRC (lines 109 and 213), but actually switches to 8-bit CRC when it powers up the device (lines 129 & 221). You basically just want to send all the bytes that the code does, and ignore the comments!!

  • Product WRL-09358 | about 4 years ago

    Try the WT-32; it was the only device I could find that implements Bluetooth HID (although it’s a little expensive – a WT-12 would have done the trick, but SparkFun doesn’t stock them). Also, you’ll need V4.0 of Bluegiga’s iWrap firmware – see my comment on the WT-32 page.

  • Product WRL-08952 | about 4 years ago

    There is a bug in the iWrap3 implementation of the Human Interface Device (HID) protocol in V3.0.0 (and V3.1.0) which causes it to occasionally drop key press events. Bluegiga have released V4.0.0 (http://www.bluegiga.com/show_news?id=17348332), which fixes this problem, as well as adding a bunch of new features. They let me have the new firmware and a PC application to upgrade the firmware on my WT-32 via a serial port (I actually used Sparkfun’s XBee Explorer USB as a simple USB-to-3.3V-serial converter).
    For most applications, V3.x is probably fine, but if you’re using HID (that’s all I’ve tried), you need V4. Sparkfun might want to consider getting V4 modules in the future.

  • Product WRL-09358 | about 4 years ago

    The picture of the bottom of the board shows a silk-screen label of “PIO6” (the only connection that isn’t on the edge of the board), but the schematic shows PIO4 goes to “JP2”, and PIO6 is not connected. Which one is correct??

  • Product WRL-08952 | about 4 years ago

    I got one of these in September last year (2009), and the firmware was V3.0.0, which isn’t Beta. Bluegiga have a V3.1.0 firmware which is Beta – I programmed it via a serial port from a PC with a software tool they supplied, but V3.0.0 seems pretty reliable.
    Since the thing that sets the WT32 apart from other Bluetooth devices is its audio capabilities, it’s a shame that this board doesn’t break out the digital PCM audio pins for connection to a processor or stand-alone ADC/DAC (it does break out the analog audio in/out).

  • Product BOB-09118 | about 5 years ago

    The switching time of the ILD213T means it is NOT suitable for isolation of a serial port at higher baud rates though; if I’m reading the data sheet correctly, the turn-on time is ~100uS and turn-off is about 30uS with the 10K resistor. It definitely DOESN’T work at 115200 baud!

  • Product WIG-08627 | about 5 years ago

    Has anybody read the BATTLVL value from AD1.4? I modified my code to read this, based on the schematic showing a straight voltage divider, and also on the code used in the KinetaMap, but I’m getting strange readings. The values don’t seem to work out, although they certainly go up if I turn up the voltage on my supply. I’d expect them to max out (at 1023) for 6.6V (2 x VREF), but at 7V I read 962.

  • Product WIG-08627 | about 5 years ago

    Thomas,
    I totally agree with you – the Logomatic’s numbering of the AD channels in both the config file and the log files makes no sense at all; maybe it’s a hold-over from the earlier version of the board.
    I modified the code so that, if the text in the config file is “CH1 = Y”, “CH2 = N” etc, it correctly maps them with the numbering on the board, and outputs them in the log file in that order. I can post my changes to the Forum if you’re interested. I wish there was a good repository where we users could post code improvements and bug fixes. Somebody (I don’t have the link on me right now) did a great job cleaning and speeding up the code, so it can sample and log at a much higher rate than the SparkFun code. We need a code repository!!

No public wish lists :(