SparkFun will be closing today at 12pm MT for a company outing. All orders placed before 2pm MT will still ship out same-day. Thanks!
Track My Order
Frequently Asked Questions
International Shipping Info
Mon-Fri, 9am to 12pm and
1pm to 5pm U.S. Mountain Time:
Chat With Us
November 14, 2009
about 5 years ago
The passcode required to pair to the WiTilt v3.0 is “1234”. For the Macbook Pro, here’s the steps to get it working:
1. Download ZTerm (Mac equivalent to Hyperterminal)
2. Turn on Witilt
2. click on “Set Up Device” under the bluetooth menu
3. The Witilt is called “Firefly”. pair to it using the passcode, then quit. Note that WiTilt is not really connected yet even though it says it is.
4. click on “Open Bluetooth Preferences” under the bluetooth menu.
5. click on the Firefly, and down at the bottom of the menu, right click the settings button and select “edit serial port”. The WiTilt connects as soon as you open up this menu.
6. ensure “protocol” is set to RS-232 and “service” is set to SPP. You can also change the “Name” if you’d like (I changed mine to WiTilt)
7. open up ZTerm
8. click “settings”, then modem preferences. the name you set in step 6 should be listed as an option in the “serial port” menu. select it as the serial port. clear any “Modem setup strings”. click “ok"
9. exit that menu, click "settings”, and “connection"
10. for "service name”, type the name you set in step 6
11. for data rate select 57600. click ok
12. reset the Witilt, and you should see the main menu come up in ZTerm!
No public wish lists :(
Forgot your password?
No account? Register one!