Member Since: November 25, 2009

Country: United States

  • What's the voltage level on the I/O pins? I'm assuming 3.3v but are they 5v tolerant like the 3.5?

  • I 2nd the packing list. For our robotic events, I must have over 50 items and tools on the list, and forgetting just one might mean delaying our start. I also use an app on my phone, so the list it saved and reused.

  • I’ve used the sharp sensors for many robotic sensors for maze runners and mini-sumo, no people counting. The ones that feature an analog output would be the easiest to interface with, no real timing issues. I only use the AVRs and while the info is In the data sheets, the hard part is figuring out how to use some of the internal hardware via Arduino, as you have mentioned. One could always write the C code, no Arduino. Most of my robotic projects were done in assembly.

  • Did you consider using one of the hardware timers to drive the IR LED? Software delays can get real messy.

    Also assuming you're not using lenses with the IR components, what kind of range do you think you will get with your setup? I'm assuming a doorway or hall, 3-4 ft?

    And had you considered using some of the range sensors like your Maxsonar or the Sharp GP2 series?

  • Do you want Skynet? Cause this is how you get Skynet!!

  • The board was designed starting in 1985. We probably built at least 10 of these full wire-wrap versions before going to copper, so some of them were built later. And over the decades, things break or burn up, and need to be replaced. I'm actually debugging with that exact controller now, and I'm afraid to touch it or move it around.

  • I'm going to guess "Exit Signs"

  • Great, thanks!

  • The links at the end of your article, for AVR treasure chest and GeoCashed puzzle are swapped. And the link at the end of the AVR treasure chest "Read all about the project here", should be changed to . The Cox link went away some time ago. thanks!

  • Nothing wrong with wire-wrapping, if you do it correctly., i.e. square posts, not round. I have my trusty wire-wrap pencil I bought back in the 80's, probably from Radio Shack. I see SparkFun still sells the exact same tool, except it's blue. This article referenced the treasure chest I did 9 years ago in the bio. There are several pictures there that show the wire-wrapping that was used as well.

No public wish lists :(