Audio Plug - 3.5mm

This is a simple 3.5mm TRS stereo audio jack with a screw-on plastic shroud. These are great for projects that plug into headphone jacks. Stereo plugs can also be used for carrying serial comm connections!

The outer shell unscrews to reveal solder terminals on the inside of the plug. Solder on your wires and crimp the strain relief to make a finished, professional-looking cable.

Audio Plug - 3.5mm Product Help and Resources

Noisy Cricket Stereo Amplifier - 1.5W Hookup Guide

April 26, 2018

A hookup guide for the Noisy Cricket Stereo Amplifier - 1.5W.

Connector Basics

January 18, 2013

Connectors are a major source of confusion for people just beginning electronics. The number of different options, terms, and names of connectors can make selecting one, or finding the one you need, daunting. This article will help you get a jump on the world of connectors.


Looking for answers to technical questions?

We welcome your comments and suggestions below. However, if you are looking for solutions to technical questions please see our Technical Assistance page.

  • Member #1258600 / about 7 years ago / 1

    what diameter does the part you can screw the housing on have? I want to mount it onto a project..

  • Member #412762 / about 11 years ago / 3

    Why can I never find the inverse of this product anywhere? I am in bad need of a female audio jack it would be fantastic if the female jack was molded with 6"+ bare wire on the other end.. TRRS would be a plus as well! My project doesn't really allow for a standard board mount jack as the end product has to be encapsulated and waterproofed. I can find usable audio cables/splitters but paying for an extension cable or a splitter then cutting it up just seems so wasteful!

    • webmastadj / about 8 years ago * / 1

      Have you taken a look at these?

  • Member #61313 / about 12 years ago / 3

    Please add 3.5mm TRRS plug and jack similar to what some phones (iPhone, IPad and others) use.

  • MikeFM / about 12 years ago / 2

    Any chance you could offer a 3.5mm TRRS plug and jack similar to what some phones (iPhone and others) use?

  • this is a TRS conector may want to add that

  • Jeff Snider / about 9 years ago / 1

    I have a handful of these that have been in a drawer for a few years and now that I went to use them the plastic crumbled between my fingers. Beware, it seems the plastic outer casing becomes very brittle over time. Hopefully I just got a bad batch and new ones will be fine. The metal connector component works fine. I just used heatshrink instead.

  • Which leads on the back correspond to what signal? (Ground, positive, signal) sorry I'm a noob

    • Kamiquasi / about 11 years ago / 1

      For a typical TRS (tip, ring, sleeve, referring to the tip of the plug, the ring inbetween the tip and the sleeve, and the long bit which is the sleeve) plug, the pinout is of similar design, with
      the shortest tab, connecting to the center, being the tip
      the middle length tab, connecting to a ring in the middle, being the ring
      the longest tab, with or without the crimp and essentially connected to the bare metal that goes all the way around, being the sleeve.

      TRRS (the one with 4 pins that some are referring to in the comments) simply adds a secondary ring, with an accompanying tab across from the sleeve tab.

Customer Reviews

No reviews yet.