Looking for a Qwiic sensor that can measure the ambient light level directly in lux? This is it!
The VEML7700 is a high accuracy, 16-bit resolution, digital ambient light sensor in a miniature transparent 6.8 mm x 3.0 mm x 2.5 mm package.
It includes a high sensitivity photodiode, a low noise amplifier, a 16-bit A/D converter and supports an easy to use I2C bus communication interface.
- FiltronTM technology adaption: close to real human eye response
- O-TrimTM technology adoption: ALS output tolerance ≤ 10 %
- 16-bit dynamic range for ambient light detection from 0 lx to about 167 klx with resolution down to 0.005 lx/count
- 100 Hz and 120 Hz flicker noise rejection
- Excellent temperature compensation
- High dynamic detection resolution
- Software shutdown mode control
- High and low threshold windows with interrupt flags
Our Arduino Library converts the raw sensor data into lux, automatically compensating for the sensor's gain and integration time settings.
As usual, our breakout board includes:
- Two Qwiic connectors
- I2C breakout pins
- I2C pull-up resistors (configurable)
- Power LED (configurable)
Experimental Product: SparkX
products are rapidly produced to bring you the most cutting edge technology as it becomes available. These products are tested but come with no guarantees. Live technical support is not available for SparkX products. Head on over to our forum
for support or to ask a question.