Audio Jack - 3.5mm TRRS (SMD)

This is a 3.5mm TRRS SMD audio jack. TRRS connectors are the audio-style connectors that you see on some phones, MP3 players and development boards. TRRS stands for "tip, ring, ring, sleeve," which reflects the fact that, unlike a standard stereo connector, this actually has three conductors and a ground. Some devices use the extra conductor for a microphone (like hands-free headsets) or to carry a video signal (like in some MP3/MP4 players).

Audio Jack - 3.5mm TRRS (SMD) Product Help and Resources

Core Skill: Soldering

This skill defines how difficult the soldering is on a particular product. It might be a couple simple solder joints, or require special reflow tools.

3 Soldering

Skill Level: Competent - You will encounter surface mount components and basic SMD soldering techniques are required.
See all skill levels

Customer Comments

  • No dimensional drawing?

    • I put just put one up for you guys, cheers!

    • I believe there is an eagle footprint for this in the sparkfun library. There is a dimension tool in eagle so you could use that to get length and width. Wouldn't help you for height.

      • The photo is fairly orthogonal (front edge ~219px, back edge ~212px) - I'd say the height is about 5.2mm. This all depends on the package's outlines being reasonably accurate for the package, though - often a package outline is a bit larger than the actual dimensions. As usual, a datasheet would be nice(r) :)

  • how can I connect it to this bluetooth module so that I can make a handsfree with microphone ?

  • Any idea where I can get a through-hole version of this one?

Customer Reviews

4 out of 5

Based on 1 ratings:

Currently viewing all customer reviews.

0 of 1 found this helpful:

The right thing for advanced projects

It's rare and unusual component. But for connecting of earphone with microphone (i.e. for telephone set) or for connect a "three ways" cable is unbeatable and indispensable. What about a connection of tree channels audio components (bass, middle and treble)?