Description: The MPU-6000 is a serious little piece of motion processing tech! By combining a MEMS 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer on the same silicon die together with an onboard Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP™) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms, the MPU-6000 does away with the cross-axis alignment problems that can creep up on discrete parts. The parts’ integrated 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms can even access external magnetometers or other sensors through an auxiliary master I2C or SPI bus, allowing the devices to gather a full set of sensor data without intervention from the system processor.
Communication with all registers of the device is performed using either I2C at 400kHz or SPI at 1MHz. For applications requiring faster communications, the sensor and interrupt registers may be read using SPI at 20MHz.
Dimensions: 4x4x0.9mm QFN
- Digital-output of 6 or 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format
- Tri-Axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of ±250, ±500, ±1000, and ±2000dps
- Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of ±2g, ±4g, ±8g and ±16g
- 20MHz SPI serial interface for reading sensor and interrupt registers
- Reduced settling effects and sensor drift by elimination of board-level cross-axis alignment errors between accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Digital Motion Processing™ (DMP™) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization and gesture detection
- Embedded algorithms for run-time bias and compass calibration. No user intervention required
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Digital input on FSYNC pin to support video Electronic Image Stabilization and GPS
- Programmable interrupt supports gesture recognition, panning, zooming, scrolling, free fall interrupt, high-G interrupt, zero-motion detection, tap detection, and shake detection
- VDD Supply voltage range of 2.375V–3.46V
- On-chip timing generator with ±1% frequency variation over full temperature range
- 10,000g shock tolerant