If you’re not happy with your purchase and would like to arrange a return, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Support staff will help you complete a return for any of the following within 30 days of purchase: (a) unmodified or unused product in original packaging; (b) product damaged in transit; or (c) if the incorrect item was received. If the product(s) was purchased over 30 days ago or has been modified, soldered, damaged or the original state has been altered in any way, SparkFun reserves the right to deny the return.
If you’d like support troubleshooting a modified Product, please head to the Technical Assistance page for more information including, but not limited to, how to access and engage with the SparkFun Forums, how to receive help from a Technical Support Representative, etc.
If it’s a Product we don’t manufacture at SparkFun, we will direct you to the product manufacturer for applicable support.
General Return Guidelines
- All returns must be initiated, by email to email@example.com, within 30 days of purchase.
- All returns must be authorized by Support prior to sending any Product(s) back.
- Returns must include all parts, pieces and accessories included with the Product(s), including packaging. Your return may be denied if it is received in incomplete or damaged condition.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be applied to original payment method or store credit.
- Returns may take up to 2 weeks to process, not including transit times.
- Replacement orders cannot be modified to include different or additional Product(s).
- SparkFun will pay/refund return shipping charges if the damage is found to be related to a manufacturer error.
- Returns for orders older than 30 days are eligible for replacement or store credit only.
- We reserve the right to limit support and deny returns on items that were purchased over 30 days ago, ding and dent items, old version releases, and products that cannot be restocked.
- Eligibility for Return of Modified Items is determined on a case-by-case basis; we cannot guarantee eligibility for modified items. Please see Technical Assistance page for more information.
- For best service and lowest risk of loss/damage to your return, we suggest that it is sent via a trackable shipping method. Lost packages that are sent via non tracked methods are not guaranteed. We also suggest using a box or reinforced padded envelope at a minimum
Unfortunately, there are a few products we cannot offer returns on, including:
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Lithium Metal Batteries
- Lithium Coin Cell Batteries
- NiMH Batteries
- Alkaline Batteries
- Products containing Lithium Ion Batteries
- CNC Routers, 3D Printers, & Accessories:
- Opened 3D Printer Filament (factory sealed may be returned)
- Shapeoko (Partially or completely assembled)
- LulzBot 3D Printers (contact LulzBot for support/repairs)
- Specialized Products
- UArm Swift and Swift Pro (contact UFactory for support/repairs)
- SparkX Products
- Experimental Products: SparkX products are rapidly produced to bring you the most cutting-edge technology as it becomes available. These products are tested but come with no guarantees. Live technical support is not available for SparkX products.
If a non-returnable item arrives damaged or is not functioning properly, please do not hesitate to contact us to see if further action may be taken.
Please note that due to shipping regulations, you cannot legally ship Lithium Ion Batteries without proper certification.