Description: Replacement:DEV-09905. This kit has been retired. It has now been replaced with the Arduino Starter Kit - Flex. The new kit contains a flex sensor instead of the Force Sensitive Resistor. This product page is here for historical purposes.
The Arduino Starter Kit is a great gift for beginners and weathered professionals alike. Included is a multitude of inputs, outputs, and sensors to get you started in the wonderful world of Arduino. Checkout all the included goodies:
- Arduino Duemilanove ATmega328 - the latest Arduino USB board, fully assembled and tested.
- 6' USB A to B cable - USB provides power for up to 500mA (enough for most projects) and is ample length to connect to your desktop or laptop USB port.
- Miniature breadboard - Excellent for making circuits and connections off the Arduino. Breadboard may come in various colors.
- Male to Male jumper wires - These are high quality wires that allow you to connect the female headers on the Arduino to the components and breadboard.
- Force Sensitive Resistor 0.5" - A sensor that will vary its resistance depending on the amount of pressure (range of 100g to 10kg) being applied to its circular sensing area.
- Photocell - A sensor to detect ambient light. Perfect for detecting when a drawer is opened or when night-time approaches.
- Thermistor - A sensor for detecting ambient temperature and temperature changes.
- Tri-Color LED - Because everyone loves a blinky. Use this LED to PWM mix any color you need.
- Basic LEDs - Light emitting diodes make great general indicators.
- Linear trim pot - Also known as a variable resistor, this is a device commonly used to control volume, contrast, and makes a great general user control input.
- Buzzer - Make wonderful, brain splitting noises, alarms, and possibly music!
- 12mm button - Because big buttons are easier to hit.
- 330 Ohm Resistors - 5 current limiting resistors for LEDs, and strong pull-up resistors.
- 10k Ohm Resistors - These make excellent pull-ups, pull-downs, and current limiters.
Looking for that perfect Sparkfun gift? Check out our Gift Guide!
Note: As of 1/14/10 we’ve removed the Piezo sensor from this kit and replaced it with an FSR. We’ve also added a few 10kOhm resistors.