If you're in high school, you are undoubtedly starting to hear that mythical word echo through the hallways - yes, "prom season" is nearly upon us.
Victorian-era fashion is so in this year
Today we are excited to announce the SparkFun "Electrify Your Prom" Contest!
In this competition, we're inviting you to use electronics to make your prom outfit truly one-of-a-kind. Whether it's a light up corsage or an EL-wire trimmed lapel, the only limit is your imagination! The contest will work like this:
- Entries will be accepted until April 30th, 2015.
- All entries must be a photograph of finished project (videos are encouraged, with demo of the project in action!)
- You must include a photograph of technology used, clearly labeled with parts listed
- Include a brief description of project - What does it do? How long did it take to build? What parts used? Inspiration for project? What did you learn from it?
- All entries must use at least one part that can be purchased from SparkFun
- If an existing project/tutorial was used as a starting point for the project, entrant must cite the source.
- Email your entry to email@example.com
Looking for some inspiration? We've compiled some great projects from around the web! You can check them out on our contest Pinterest board, which we'll be updating with more inspiring projects as the contest runs. You can also check out a lot of cools products below!
An example of a simple prom outfit addition - a silk LED flower in your hair!
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Integration of technology with fabric/fashion
We saved the best for last! The prizes are as follows:
1st Place: Phantom 1 Drone or $500 in SparkFun Credit
3rd Place: Kinoma Create OR $150 in SparkFun Credit
Now go forth and build something brilliant - we can't wait to see what you come up with!